Sikh Community of West Swan

CaLD Community Capital Works Fund

The Sikh Gurudwara Perth, Bennett Springs do so much for the West Swan community!

I'm pleased to announce our Government's support with a $250,000 grant through the CaLD Community Capital Works fund.

This funding will play a crucial role in connecting their facility to mains water supply and sewerage, enhancing their capacity to serve our rapidly growing community.

As a grassroots organisation, I’m delighted to hear about the impactful work they do in giving back to the community and providing essential services to those in need.

Punjabi Language is the newest language for WA Schools!

Our government announced that a Punjabi language curriculum will be developed and made available to Western Australian schools.

Punjabi is the 10th most-widely spoken language in the world, with over 239,000 Australians speaking it at home. 

It's also the most-spoken language other than English in West Swan.

I have been strongly advocating for its inclusion as a language for WA schools, and I am glad we have been able to deliver this outcome.

Sikh 400th Birth Anniversary

Recently I had the pleasure of celebrating the 400th birth anniversary of ninth Guru, Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji with Sikh Gurudwara Perth Bennett Springs, the West Swan Sikh community, Premier Mark McGowan, Minister Dr Tony Buti, Minister Paul Papalia, Minister Reece Whitby, Member Dr Jags Krishnan, Member Yaz Mubarakai and Member Meredith Hammat.

Events like these are once in a lifetime and I am extremely humbled to have been a part of this, to learn about history of other cultures and the positive impact the ninth Guru had on the Sikh community.

I would like to once again congratulate Sikh Gurudwara Bennett Springs on their 2021 Community Citizen of the Year award and their amazing efforts in providing many meals to people in need throughout the pandemic.

Diwali 2020

It was great catching up with Ellenbrook Punjabi Council and the West Swan Sikh Community to celebrate Diwali 2020.

Diwali is one of the most colorful and vibrant festivals in the world. It is celebrated by millions of Hindus, Sikhs, Jains, and Buddhists across many countries and cultures.

The experience of the colourful Punjabi culture though various stage performances and variety of food was so good. 

It feels great to be attending events that are full of joy and reflect various cultures.